Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Pimp it up, A' ight


The Fragrance Hotel (Joo Chiat Road)
For as long as I can remember, there was only the infamous 'Red Light District' in Gelylang and the 'Transvestite District' in Desker Road, but upon my return I was told (by the Straits Times no less) that there was a new pimp on the block - the Blue District.
This big daddy, armed with his cohort of bitch-slapping barbies and neon lights fill this area with um... business. Bar bosses are quick to stamp out these ludicrous roumours.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think that it's very wrong of them (the government) to presume that they can just come in and want to 'clean up' our bars. I don't think our bars need cleaning up. I've read reports about these Vietnamese women who try to solicit sex with customers in and outside bars, and i think those reports are vastly exaggerated. That simply doesn't happen in Joo Chiat. Even if it does, I think it happens only occasionally at most" - Mr Chia Lee Huat, Owner of Bunker Karaoke and Pub, also in the "Blue Zone" [ Straits Times, 2 July 2006, Page 6]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I find it very hard to believe Mr Chia Lee Huat. Why? Because I find it too coincidental that the Fragrance Hotel-amongst others in this area- started to rent out its rooms by the hour, as soon as businesses, such as that owned by Mr Chia Lee Huat, began to appear.
What do you have to say to that my negro amigo?
What the hell, it is so obvious that these hourly rates cater to those who want to bone these chicks. What's worst, having singaporean clientele, this isn't even considered a one night stand, it is a one hour stand, and knowing your infamous kiasu-ness, he must have been serviced for a full 60 minutes. Back to you FD.
Do you have anything to add Ms Bambi?
Let's not shift the blame here. We are talking about the oldest trade in the world, what do you expect the government to do? Lets start by admitting we have a problem and work from there. Back to you FD.
I find it most amusing. 3 months ago, I suggested that Ms Bambi come visit, and to stay put at a hotel located within the vicinity of my crib, little did I know about my district's predicament until it was reported in the newspapers. I went around my neighbourhood in an ungodly hour, to experience these allegations firsthand, and sadly I report that truly, there is a new pimp on the block.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home