Saturday, December 02, 2006

Weekly Update + Interesting Observation

~ Warning Placed At Edge of MRT Train Tracks ~

This warning sign is a little unnerving. This just shows that jumping off the platform onto oncoming trains is the latest method chosen by people who want to end their lives. Off the top of my head, I recall at least 4 such incidents in a very short span of time.
-------
My parents were speculating the reasons why. One theory they came up with was this: There was much publicity surrounding
the last person who jumped off the platform to commit suicide, the public showed an unusual amount of empathy and compassion for the widow in that particular case because she lamented about her financial woes, stating that she did not even have enough money to take a bus to the morgue to identify her husband's body, and through that newspaper report, approximately SGD$500,000 was raised to aid her family through that tough time.
-------
Perhaps others thought that the same formula would work twice. Fat chance. 26 years of being a Singaporean tells me that we are not a compassionate bunch. There is no why? It is just the way it is. Fine... there are some good people out there, but I'm pretty sure they too are not compassionate 100% of the time. So there you have it, Jumping off tall buildings OUT, Jumping onto tracks of oncoming trains IN.
-------
On a totally separate note. I have just partially recovered from a bout of food poisoning. Which is good and bad in some ways I guess. This whole week, I have been walking around with Miss Yaliooh. She is in town for a week so I brought her about. Her company was nice, the shopping part was not. She shopped around so much for shoes and bags and clothes, I actually got a mental picture of which stores are 'men' friendly - stores which actually provide chairs for the men to sit while the ladies check out their wares. That experience in a single word - Agonizing! On the second last day, I must have ate something wrong, I had a fever that night and food was coming out (in different forms) from every orifice. The whole week I was eating carbohydrates and I had my doubts that I would be able to meet my one kilo a week target, however, the food poisoning totally made that possible. I seriously do not know whether to thank God or not... ...
A
Name: Fredizzle Weight: 106Kg Blood Pressure: 127/74

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home