Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Email Warfare

I have reached that point. An epiphany if you will. Being nice to certain personalities will seldom - if not never - get the job done. So now, the time for coffees and chit chats and cajoling are OVER. I've officially entered into what I call email warfare.
-------
To: X
Cc: My Manager, Manager of X, Vice President of X
Bcc: My Vice President
Subject: Action Item
-------
I know I will make enemies. It is unfortunate but I enlisted myself to become the necessary evil for the sake of getting things done - as management loves to call it - yesterday. I believe that those people involved are well aware that I have made every attempt to play softball with them, but since they chose to be jerks, I had to take the game to the next level.
-------
I have become very diplomatic to the point of being outright pretentious when I'm writing emails nowadays. Shoot one person down while cradling his boss' gigantic ego. I don't like the person I transform into whenever the need arises but in all reality, being a nice person really only gets you that much closer to your goal, sometimes, you just got to kick some ass.
-------
True enough. X came back to me the very next hour, and all his future correspondence became shall we say... more polite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home