Sunday, April 15, 2007

Battle Organica

~ My First Taste of an Organic Apple ~

Tonight, I chomped on my first organic apple, my first organic anything really and it was so sweet, so flavorsome. Well you say that an apple is an apple right? Wrong! I was a bit skeptical - horrified really - when I heard that my mom spent S$0.50 for an apple, that's almost twice the amount she usually pays for a non-organic one, but I was really impressed by it's sweetness and flavor. I know it is a weird thing to say but this apple actually tastes like an apple. Most of the China apples that my mom buys have all the form of an apple - the shape, looks and crunch - but the flavor is totally out, it is like biting on a crunchy juicy fruit without any flavor.
-------
But I will not be jumping whole-heartedly onto the organic bandwagon anytime soon, after all, organic products are so bloody expensive. It really baffles me sometimes. Everything that I have purchased, that contains less sugar, less caffeine, less fat, less whatever cost more than the regular stuff. Example, cheese with LESS FAT cost more than regular cheese, DECAFFEINATED coffee cost more than regular coffee, soya milk with NO SUGAR cost more than those with sugar. What gives man? Aren't we - the non-fat, no sugar, decaf consumer - saving you money by buying these kind of products? I also know it takes additional processes to produce these low fat sugarless products but passing down these additional costs to the consumer is only justified if these products are bought by a very small select group of individuals, but as far as I know, with all the 'Eat Healthy' campaigns going on, there are more than just a handful going for these healthier choices. So again, what gives man?
-------
So like I've reiterated, it cost too much to go organic, so for now, us peasants must endure tasteless, poison coated apples. This is such a sad thought. The "MAN" is screwing the little guy once again. We might just need a 2nd woodstock to stick it to the "MAN" once again, show him who's boss. Hippie fever.... Yeah Baby, Groovy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home