Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lest I Forget #4 - FD... Alias Snow White

~ Hazeline Snow Moisturizing Cream ~

I recall a funny incident that happened to me during the time when I was enlisted into the Army. About 8 months into the enlistment, my platoon became very tan due to the training we received. Not the kind of tan you get when you visit the beach for a couple of hours but a very black tan, not dark, not brown, a BLACK tan.
-------
To cut a long story short, I found a bottle of Hazeline Snow on my desk on the day I was to head back to camp, I did not think much about it, I figured my mom put it there for me to use, I threw it in my bag and that was that. In camp, I read the directions for use and thought it would be good to just apply it over my face, arms and legs in the night because my skin was very dry - thanks to the scorching sun - and the bottle did say that it was a MOISTURIZING CREAM. Well, I found out that it was more than that.
-------
About a fortnight after I started using it, my bunk mates started to look at me in a rather queer way, I just brushed it off because they were just a bunch of goofballs. Again, to cut the story short, a good friend of mine brought me aside and asked if I had noticed anything different about myself. I said no and he said "You are white." I did not really understand but it became all too clear after he dragged me to the gents and made me look in the mirror. It was like looking at a chess piece. He was black and I was white. Not fair... really WHITE.
-------
After that, I really started to notice the people around me, I observed that I really stood out like a sore thumb. We all did the same training day after day, but as the rest of the platoon got darker, I started to get fairer skin. No wonder they were giving me all those weird looks. After thinking about it for a while, I concluded that the Hazeline Snow was the cause of all this.

I made a deep sigh and said those famous words of Milhouse Mussolini Van Houten " So this is what it sounds like when doves cry..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home