Sunday, March 04, 2007

Living Christianity #5 - The Meek Weak Believer

I have heard many strange things coming out of the mouths of Christians. This is my response to one of them. I won't name names but I just wish to get it out of my system.
-------
The points I want to make:
  1. Bible teaches and encourages us believers to be meek, to turn the other cheek when slapped, to tolerate, to remain peaceable, to promote social harmony ... ...
  2. Meekness is not a weakness. The dictionary defines a person who is meek to be one who shows patience, humility with a touch of gentleness.
However I Refuse to be a Christian fool:
  1. If someone were to pick on my family I would stand up for them.
  2. If someone were to get fresh with my *ahem* future girlfriend I would punch him in the place where the sun don't shine... you dig?
  3. If someone is being unreasonable, I will bloody well stand up for what is right and not give in.
-------
You get the drift? Come on, what is this nonsense of always giving in, always backing down when it comes to life issues, only standing up when it comes to issues that pertain to God and faith. That is bullshit. That is so far from how I interpret the Bible. I strive to be meek but I CHOOSE MY BATTLES. Being a Christian does not turn one into a punching bag or a door mat. So stop perpetuating this foolery of a warped doctrine because us Christians are meant to be warriors, bearers of goodwill and Ambassadors of Christ, NOT some puny whimp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home