Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Question for the Masses

Would You Be Offended If Your Life-Partner Asks You to Go for an HIV Test Before Marriage?

I posed this question to Miss Yaliooh and she gave an interesting reply. She said "I can't decide if I should get offended if it turned out that my future husband is not a virgin." This is interesting because in my mind, it has never occurred to me that a husband's virginity matters to the wife as much as a wife's virginity matters to a husband. I had always thought that the issue with virginity was just a male thing: virginity = I am the only one that has and that will ever get to have sex with this slammin hottie.
-------
I wonder if that comment will irk feminists because the feminist movement places a lot of emphasis on sexual freedom of the female gender apart from other social aspects (amongst other pressing issues). Basically the message is " If guys can sleep around and be called a stud then a woman should not be labeled as a whore if she too decides to sleep around "
-------
That conversation was an eye opener for me. I will have a think about it and perhaps comment it on my future posts. But I will leave you with this one tidbit: Miss Yaliooh went on to ask if I would mind if my wife-to-be isn't a virgin. I gave her a very honest reply: "Ideally yes, I would prefer that she is a virgin, however, I know that if I were to love her enough to marry her, then that will not be an issue with me anymore."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home