Monday, September 04, 2006

Cartoon Crush and Life Partners

My first cartoon crush.
Intelligent. Tall. Long hair. Wears a cape. Wields a sword. Blonde. Big Blouse Bunnies. Mini-skirt. Legs that stretch to infinity. High-heeled boots. Seriously, what's not to like?
-------
She can 'Ra' into dizzletown anytime fur shizzle. Here I would like to insert a quote from Seinfield to illustrate what you readers (females especially) are probably feeling.
"Sometimes when I think you're the shallowest man I've ever met, you somehow manage to drain a little more out of the pool."
- Elaine to Jerry, in the episode "The Implant"
-------
You know what, I will admit, that was my ultimate fantasy girl, but not anymore. As I approach the marriageable age, I ask myself:
" What kind of girl do I want?"
A married couple once told me, being married isn't easy, marriage is like a living organism, you have got to work to keep it alive, neglect it and it will disintegrate into lovelessness. So being all curious, I asked the million dollar question.
"How do you keep your marriage alive?"
Their reply was so simple it was almost patronizing.
"Simple. When you fall out of love, fall back in again."
I felt that what they said was so profound. So correcting my original chain of thought, I am convinced that my question ought to be,
"What kind of girl would compel me to fall in love with her again and again and again?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home