Friday, September 22, 2006

Learning to Listen

This evening, I had a conversation with Yaliooh on msn. She was complaining about a predicament she was facing. I immediately went about to give her what I thought to be the best solution.
-------
She screamed at me and said "Can you just listen, stop being such a typical man who is only concerned with providing solutions?"
-------
I kind of agreed. I have worked on it before - listening that is. This time I let my guard down. For a guy, it really takes a lot of effort to listen. All we want to do is analyze the situation and provide a solution. It hard not to be 'guy-like' especially when you are one.
-------
[ FD, next time just listen, provide an opinion only when asked. Now that sounds like wisdom. ] - Mr Holiday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home