Thursday, September 14, 2006

Lest I Forget #1 - It's a Bird, It's a Plane, haiyah... It's only fredizzle

I was in an accident once, in 2002, involving a car and a bicycle. Unfortunately, I was the one on the bicycle. The scene was so comical, it could easily have been taken out of Laurel and Hardy.
-------
I was cycling down a road to university. A lady opened her car door without checking for oncoming vehicles and I flew over her door as my bicycle collided with it. She screamed. There was a mad scramble from fellow pedestrians: some were halting traffic because I landed on a busy road, others were attending to my injuries. I got up after feeling a little woozy but the crazy thing was, the only thoughts in my mind were:
  1. Whether my bicycle was badly damaged beyond repair, and
  2. If I was still able to make it for my lecture.

The lady was so stunned by the chain of events and kept on apologising profusely. I ended up having to calm her down. Thinking back, it was really negligent of her, imagine if it was a car instead of my bicycle, her car door would have flung off the hinges and someone might get hurt.

-------

I suffered a hairline fracture on my right wrist. The doctor viewed my x-rays and said I needed at least 4 months to fully recover. I did not feel any pain at first, I guess my body was numbed by the rush of adrenalin. However, my wrist started to hurt like hell for the next 2 weeks.

Miraculously, my wrist was completely healed by the 3rd week. Thank God for devine healing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home