Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Living Christianity #3 - The Christian Miscreant

The title of the post is a little controversial ain't it? How could the word 'Christian' and 'Miscreant' stand side by side, one might ask. How? I'll just come right out to say it. Some Christians are butt-faced miscreants. Truth is, many of my most damaging hurts are a direct result of something that a fellow Christian did or didn't do. When I am in need of emotional support, my non-Christian friends will show empathy, but it is my well-meaning Christian friends that will throw words like Faith, Hope and Perseverance to encourage me, but that just pours more salt into my wounds.
-------

So why continue being a Christian when you're giving this religion such a bad report?

-------

In my previous post, I wrote that it is inherent for humans to err, and guess what, Christians are human too, we too are trying hard - through God's word - to be better people. Through all these experiences, I have learned to forgive and to keep on forgiving. On the other hand, when I am a jerk, I find it a little easier to ask for forgiveness as well. I must admit, it is a really very hard bullet to bite, but through it all, I have become a better person. Jesus asks that we forgive a person 70 x 7 times.

Haha... if you are counting what 70 x 7 times equals to, then you've already missed the point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home