Saturday, December 09, 2006

Weekly Update + Good News

"Simmering Summerlilies Batman, We're One* Dimensional"
- Robin

This artwork was drawn on a pavement by Julian Beever using chalk. His other realistic works can be seen here.
-------
I got back my test results from my cardiologist. Turns out that I am normal, no high blood pressure.
  1. The multitude of blood tests came back normal.
  2. The 24 hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure (ABP) monitor shows that I have normal blood pressure readings throughout a 24 hour period.
  3. The Electrocardiogram (ECG) showed that the rythm of my heart is normal.
-------
The doctor that saw me had quite a hard time convincing me that I was indeed normal, because these few months, everytime I had my BP tested, it was over the roof. He explained that over the period of 24 hours (babies excluded) a person will experience highs and lows in his/her blood pressure. That's just the way the body functions. A person with HBP (or hypertension) will have high blood pressure readings over the entire length of 24 hours. So then, I find it incredibly puzzling, why I always have a high reading whenever I visit a doctor? Maybe I'm too tense. I think so. I always get very tense before a test or an examination, and visiting a doctor to have my blood pressure tested also makes me very tense, it's like I'm afraid of getting a bad mark or something. Anyways, I may be out of the woods, but I'm still by the edge of the forest (so to speak). At my age, I ought to be able to sustain the perfect reading of 120/80. So I will continue toward that goal.
-------
On that note, I would like to pat myself on the back. This week marks the 10kg milestone. Here's a recap.
  1. Starting Weight : 115Kg
  2. Ideal Weight : 80Kg
  3. Current Weight : 105Kg
That means I accomplished approximately 28% of my goal. So yay! Another 72% more to go. Sigh...
A
A
* In his website, it says his chalk drawings are ONE dimensional. I tried to just let it go but that is just bugging me so much. NO, it is not one dimensional, it is actually 2 dimensional. Let me elaborate briefly, mathematically speaking:
  1. ZERO Dimension - This can be demostrated by a Dot (or Point).
  2. ONE Dimension - This can be demostrated with a Line. There is a length.
  3. TWO Dimensions - This can be demostrated with a Plane. There is Length and Breadth.
  4. THREE Dimensions - This can be demostrated by a Space. There is Length, Breadth and Height involved.
So from the above definitions, the chalk artwork that is being drawn on the pavements are clearly TWO Dimensional. I know, non-Engineers/Mathematicians will go "Whatever". Nevertheless, I'm glad I cleared that up.
A
Name: Fredizzle Weight: 105Kg Blood Pressure: 123/70

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home