Monday, August 10, 2009

PINKEYE - Problem Identified

I do believe that I have identified the cause of my recurring pinkeye. It is neither an allergic reaction to a certain food, nor is it because of prolonged usage of the computer (although I think that contributes to the illness in one form or another). It turned out to be the environment that I have placed myself in for prolonged periods of time.
======
Air-Conditioning. I was in an air-conditioned environment during work (for the most parts) and when I reach home, I immediately turned the air-conditioning in my room on as well. I did not consult a doctor about this but my theory is that my eyes were very very dry. My eye ducts did not manage to lubricate my eyes fast enough nor was it ample enough. I guess the dry air-conditioned environment made it so. Also, the dryness of it all caused my eyes to itch. I would then proceed to rub it. That is one of the causes of bacterial infection too I'm sure.
======
In a spur of the moment, I made a bee-line to the electronic store and got myself an electric fan. I made a commitment to use the fan instead of the aircon for at least one week. Previously, I resisted the idea because I always thought the night was very hot and the fan would not be sufficient. Also, my previous fan rattled so much, it just disturbs my rest. I was pleasantly surprised that the night turned out to be much cooler than expected. At certain periods, I actually had to lower the speed of my fan because it was getting too chilly. Also, the fan that I bought was much quieter. That was one point of consideration when I was testing various brands of electric fans.
======
I have reduced the amount of time I spend in an air-conditioned environment drastically. My pinkeye recovered and I have not had it since.
======
I am one happy camper.... me and chocolates are best friends once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home