Friday, December 15, 2006

Logan Revisited

The garfield comic strips below really reminds me of Logan. Even though he too is a fat cat, that was not the point I was trying to make. My point is this - Logan has a way of edging his way into your heart and sofa and bed and room and a mayriad of other things. I remembered it was the case for my parents and sister, as it is with Richie's parents, grandmother and girlfriend as well (once again, Richie is my ex-housemate and ex-co-owner of Logan). Our families dislike cats, because most of the cats we see in Singapore or Malaysia are strays, so cats are stereotyped as being filthy, flea filled felines. They would visit during our vacation breaks and when they did, they would put up in a spare room in the house. Logan would be a little wary of them at first and that was fine because the feelings were mutual. But Logan quickly warmed up to them. So much so that at the end of their visits (which is anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months), they would often show a lot of concern for Logan. I guess it is hard not to notice him if he keeps hogging your couch space, taking over your bed or constantly at your feet hoping he'll score big on the food section by giving his trademark "pitiful hungry" look - which I myself have grown accustomed to. Ah... Logan, I miss chasing him around the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home