Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lest I Forget #6 - My Very Small Home

I recalled an incident in my youth. It happened in school. I was about 10 or 11years old at that time. I always seem to forget things. Forget to do homework, forget to bring homework or textbooks or milk money. I was not a very naughty kid, I did not do those things on purpose (most times) but always just admitted it and accepted whatever punishment came along.
-------
One time, I was stunned when I was told to submit some homework but, upon checking, I realized I did not do any. So I lied. I told the teacher that I had forgotten to bring that exercise book to school, I said I left it at home.
-------
I guess I was not very good at lying. The teacher sniffed out my lie in a second. She told me to bring my bag to her desk. I did as instructed. She searched through my bag and found my exercise book sans the work that was supposed to be done.
-------
Before she sent me out to stand outside the class, she said "Oh my FD, I didn't know you lived in your school bag, go stand outside the class!"
-------
I sure was embarrassed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home