Monday, August 24, 2009

Konnyaku

I have always known Konnyaku as a dessert. Sweet. Filled with fruit. I've never figured it to be a health food. But as it turns out, it is. I have been adding it to soups, and stir-frys. There is hardly any notable taste from Konnyaku, it is more prized for its texture. Very smooth. A little chewy, sort of like a jelly which takes more effort to eat. It is usually a rule of thumb that anything healthy tastes awful - look at weetbix for crying out loud.
=======
But I am glad to have found another food that is both healthy and good for the whole endeavor of weight loss. To top it off, its not all that expensive either. SGD$2.30 for about 200gm. If you would like to know a little bit more, you can go here. Here is a quick glance at its nutritional facts. (I chopped the page off, for the full table, go to the link and dig about)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home