Tuesday, September 26, 2006

British Heart Foundation Diet

I have always been skeptical about diets. Although I'm desperately trying to obtain a normal BMI, I have enough sense to do it through exercising and eating right. However, almost 3 months have passed and I have only effectively lost 3kg. This is rather disheartening. So, when my mom spoke to me on a diet plan she wants to try out, I thought I'd give it a go as well.
-------
The diet is called the British Heart Foundation Diet. It only takes 3 days and it promises a loss of 3kg to the person who follows the diet exactly. So I thought 'what the heck', if it doesn't work, it's only 3 days, but if it does work, it would have only taken 3 days to produce results that took me 3 months to achieve. I will let you know the conclusive outcome in 3 days time.
-------
British Heart Foundation Diet
Day1
Breakfast: 1 cup black coffee/tea, 1 grapefruit, 1 slice of toast, 2 tsps* peanut butter
Lunch: 1 cup black coffee/tea, 4oz** tuna, 1 slice of toast
Dinner: 1 slice of cold meat, 1 cup*** string beans, 4oz beetroot, 4oz vanilla ice-cream, 1 small apple
Day2
Breakfast:
1 cup black coffee/tea, 1 boiled egg, 1 slice of toast, half a banana
Lunch: 1 cup black coffee/tea, 4oz cottage cheese, 5 Ritz biscuits
Dinner: 2 frankfurters, 4oz broccoli, 2oz carrots, half a banana, 4oz vanilla ice-cream
Day3
Breakfast:
1 cup black coffee/tea, 1 boiled egg, 1 slice of toast
Lunch: 1 cup black coffee/tea, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 5 Ritz biscuits, 1 small apple
Dinner: 4oz tuna, 4oz beetroot, 4oz cauliflower, 1 slice of melon, 4oz vanilla ice-cream
-------
Points to note:
  1. The diet is to be used 3 days at a time.
  2. The diet is based on a chemical breakdown.
  3. Only salt and pepper is to be used as seasoning.
  4. Only vanilla ice-cream is to be consumed.
* 2 teaspoon = 10 grams
** 4 ounce = 113 grams
*** 1 cup = 227 grams
-------
ok. here goes nothing.

1 Comments:

Blogger wonderwoman said...

hey, hi there. just happened to pass by your blog. interesting entries you've got there. anyway, that cambridge 3 day diet meal really works! all the best!

Tue Sep 26, 04:09:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home