Saturday, January 06, 2007

Lest I Forget #2 - Four + Play

For no reason whatsoever, I recalled a funny incident that happened when I was a teenager. 13 or 14 years of age. Anyway, my sister, my female cousin of the same age and I were watching a movie called "The Cutting Edge" on VHS (video tape). This was one of my all time favorite romantic movies by the way. Anyway, somewhere in the movie, there was this scene where the word "foreplay" was said. I did not understand the definition of foreplay and proceeded to ask my cousin what that meant. (Now do you understand why I had to specify that my cousin was female?) Her face just blushed like mad and she refused to explain what it was.
-------
After much pleading, she just gave in to my persistence and said "Foreplay is the thing that you do before sex." Honestly, I was not surprised one bit. I knew it had to be of a sexual nature because of the way she reacted. But I just did not know what the big deal was. You see, in my mind, I thought that "foreplay" was two words, "Four" + "Play" and I thought it just meant that the guy had to play four games with the female before sex. And when I say games, I really do mean games, like Monopoly or Scrabble or Hide & Seek, those sort of games.
-------
It was only much much later before I came to understand the magnitude of my blunder. It also made me firmly believe that it is absolutely true that women mature much faster than men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home