Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lest I Forget #3 - I'm Glad I did Not Bathe

I don't know what has brought about wave after wave of repressed memories. Aw well, since I recalled this particular one, I thought I had better pen it down. Why? I ask myself that same question. There must be a sado-masochistic side of me hidden somewhere.
-------
This incident happened while I was still an undergrad. I joined the gym that was located on campus. I had the habit of waking up real early (like 5.30am) to be at the gym at 6am (its opening time) so I could have a good workout before classes start.
-------
I did this for a couple of times a week and it became my routine. Humans are really habitual creatures. I would wake up, go to the gym, join a workout class that was available, do some free weights, head on down to the locker, shower down and off to classes I go. That was my routine.
-------
However, on this particular day, I lost track of time so I decided to skip the shower. I decided it would be best to just change into some fresh clothes and shower during my lunch break instead. Boy was I glad I did that, because it was on this particular day that I managed to enter the wrong locker room - the Female one.
-------
I felt nothing was amiss because there was no one changing in the locker room. The guy's locker rooms do not have urinals as well, only cubicles and there were no pieces of clothing or shoes that would have otherwise indicated to me that this was indeed a female locker room.
-------
Anyway. After I changed and put my shoes on, out came a woman wearing a bath towel. The look on her face was hilarious because I believe for a moment there, she too thought that she had gone to the wrong locker room and what's worse, she even took her time to bathe. (Seriously, how funny would it be if she was bathing and suddenly heard a group of guys bantering. I wonder what would her plan be? Stay put till everyone leaves or confidently walk out, change and then leave?)
-------
For a good 10 seconds, we stared at each other, we just did not know what to do. I broke the silence by saying this "Is this the female locker room?" She said "I sure hope so." Then I said "Well then, I had better be off." She smiled and that was that.
-------
I sure am glad that she wasn't a screamer, and I'm doubly glad that I didn't bathe that day. The event played itself out without much drama. It was all very um... collegiate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home