Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mango Pudding

Got this recipe from a friend of mine. I have always liked mango pudding. I like mango (the fruit) and several forms/flavors of pudding. Also, I find that saying the word 'pudding' sounds funny even when spoken in a serious tone. I was quite amazed that mango pudding (snigger snigger...) is so simple to prepare. I sense some unbelievers out there... well I have inserted the recipe below, you be the judge. ( I will add some pics if I bother to take any ).
--------------
MANGO PUDDING

Ingredients
  1. Two Large Mangoes Chopped Finely
  2. 2 Packets of Jelly Powder (I use Aeroplane Mango Mania Jelly Powder)
  3. 1/2 a large can of Evaporated Milk (none of the low fat stuff, it'll kill the result)
  4. 310ml of Hot Water
  5. One Egg
Method
  1. Add hot water with egg. Stir.
  2. Add jelly powder. Stir.
  3. Add chopped mango. Stir.
  4. Add evaporated milk. Stir.
  5. Pour contents into mold. Leave in fridge till it sets. I figure 2-3 hours should suffice.
Tips
  1. I would chop half the portion of mangoes and puree the other half. The more you puree, the longer it'll be for the pudding to set because you will be introducing more fluids into the final mixture. But the end result would be a pudding of a softer texture with nice mango bits to nibble on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Karen said...

I have just tried this recipe but omitted the raw egg as I wasn't comfy with that.. will let you know how it goes.. but I think it should be most yummy! Its currently setting in the fridge now & we'll be having it as dessert after dinner this evening, I think! Thanks for posting the recipe... it was a confirmation to the recipe that the lady at the grocery shop was giving me... :-)

Mon Oct 05, 01:29:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home