Saturday, July 15, 2006

Logan

Logan Snoozing beside My Negro Amigo
I was thinking of Logan today. Logan is my first pet. A well loved pet. I have always described Logan as a queer cat. He stood out from the rest of the litter when we (richie* and myself) viewed him from the display case at the pet shop. We watched him as he made his way up to the very top of a play box and jumped straight onto two kittens that were snuggled together. At that moment, I thought, well the search is over, he is the one. Logan was the only cat within the display case that had spiral random prints on his fur, whilst the other cats had common stripes, so he stood out like a mini tiger amongst 'zebras'.
-------
When we brought him home, Logan was all inquisitive, as a kitten ought to be, but that lasted for a few moments before he just jumped onto the couch and slept. Logan sleeps a lot, and what's even more unusual was the sleeping position he adopted as a kitten, always preferring to lie on his back. Logan seldom made any noise, 'meows' are few and far between, and more often than not, it's just his way of saying " I AM HUNGRY!"
-------
He has brought so much joy in my life, very naughty at times, but so very loveable. He made me want to rush home from school, just to 'hug him to pieces'. He hates that, always giving me the look when I hug him too tightly but all is forgiven once I serve him his meal. He is a very people cat, not the kind that will be constantly at your feet but he like to be around people, he would just jump on the couch while we're watching TV and just sleep, oblivious to the noise. I remembered once, when I left my door open at night, Logan actually climbed onto my bed to sleep beside me, and when I threw him out, he came back again, only this time he decided to sleep on my face! That's right, I actually felt his furry butt on my face, I don't know whether to laugh or to spank him first. I chose the former.
-------
Logan is very fortunate, due to circumstances that we could not control, we had to give him up. We tried so hard to put him at catteries but most of them were full and those that were not had a clause that says that all animals not adopted within 2 weeks will be euthanised. I believe God heard my cry because before we brought him to that cattery, we made a pitt stop at our previous residence, we asked a friend of ours - Julie to ask if she was willing to take logan in. She leapt at the opportunity. She told us she was always fond of Logan because he would always go to her office and snuggle up on the floor beside the heater, keeping her company while we were in university.
-------
Logan had a tough life in the beginning. He had ring worms the very first week we had him. We had to isolate him, feed him meds and bathe him daily. Later on, he was scratched by a neighbourhood cat and a few months after that he was bitten by a neighbourhood dog. We were wondering when he would be bitten by a neighbourhood horse! But I'm glad he went to a good home. I hope he lives a long life.

* Richie was my housemate and Co-Owner of Logan
Name: FreDizzle Height: 1.79meters Weight:111Kg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home